Clever Solutions For Your Network Challenges
Tempest Telecom Solutions, a leading third-party TAC Support, remote integrations, and hardware repair, is seeking a high-energy, creative, and proactive individual to help lead and mentor a remote team of Nokia 5G, 4G, and some 3G Sites. We work closely with our tower crews for day-to-day integrations, alarm clearing, operations and maintenance of cell tower equipment. Must have experience in directing crews to perform site access coordination with Tier 1 customer NOCs.
This position will also be required to work closely with our TAC and Engineering team. This opening offers the right candidate a great opportunity to leverage their technical and creative skills to make an important contribution in critical customer environment.
The Wireless Remote Support Engineer role will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Remotely lead, and mentor cell installation, intergation, maintenance and repair crews, on a daily basis.
- Work with and assist Tempest remote engineering team to develop and perform best in class support integration and maintenance on the Nokia RAN 5G, 4G, and 3G networks
- Work with NetAct / SAM, and BTS site manager.
- Correct reporting of issues found to be involving safety impairment, and system installation.
- Assist in remote troubleshooting of RTWP, TX, RX, PIM, and VSWR faults.
- Troubleshooting and testing of installation, configuration, site alarm verification and replacement of cell site equipment.
- Prepare and execute site close out package as needed.
- Offer training and information sharing when asked.
- Have capability to develop and engineer solutions in wireless Nokia RAN products.
- RAN Subject Matter Engineering and Development Expertise in NR, LTE, UMTS, and WCDMA platforms
- IXR-e ALU Experience a plus.
- OEM Experience need is Nokia eNB/gNB.
- A plus, to have OEM experience Ericsson, Samsung, ALU, Nortel, and Motorola
- Ability to write and help develop MOPs and procedures from OEM documentation
- Site basic, and configuration file generation (scripting a plus)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting cell site equipment and configuration using various electronic test equipment including Anritsu MT8220T, Optical Fiber Inspection Probe, digital Multi-meter, Spectrum Analyzer, OTDR, and PIM testers.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and ideas easily and efficiently
- Capable of handling many different assignments, and crews at the same time.
- Project and time management experience.
* 3 to 5 Years’ experience as a cell Technician / Engineer on Nokia cell equipment or equivalent Nokia work experience.