The Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 Rack Server has persistent Memory NVDIMM-N that can increase database performance by 10x.
Accelerate your applications
Maximize application performance with the optimal mix of accelerator cards, storage and compute power in a 2U, 2-socket platform optimized for VDI.
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration
Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With a wide range of GPU and FPGA options, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
The R740 is a general-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration. With its versatility, the R740 can help you transform your data center for VDI, artificial intelligence and software-defined storage (SDS).
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes
- Drive demanding workloads with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel Optane™ DC Persistent Memory
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
Additional PowerEdge R740 Rack Server features and benefits:
(Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications and additional information.)
- Workload: VDI and cloud applications
- Memory: 24 (7.68TB)
- 2 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72% with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere, Microsoft System Center and Nagios
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management
- Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase