Juniper Networks QFX5110-48S 10GbE/100GbE data center access switch: The QFX5110-48S offers 48 small form-factor pluggable plus (SFP+) transceiver ports and four QSFP28 ports that can be configured as 4x40GbE or 4x100GbE ports, with an aggregate throughput of 1.76 Tbps or 1.32 Bpps per switch. For added flexibility, each QSFP28 port can also be configured as 4x10GbE ports using breakout cables, increasing the total number of supported 10GbE ports to 64 per switch.
The Juniper Networks QFX5110 access and aggregation switches deliver low latency, rich Layer 2 and Layer 3 features, VXLAN overlay deployments, and 100GbE uplinks, making it the industry’s most nimble line of switches. Featuring L3 gateway capabilities for bridging between virtualized and bare-metal servers, the QFX5110 is designed for extremely agile data centers that demand support for overlay/underlay network architectures. The high-density 10GbE, 40GbE, and 100GbE ports also make the QFX5110 ideally suited for use in spine and leaf topologies.
The QFX5110 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- Deployment: Leaf
- Support high-density, multi-speed configurations for 10/40/100GbE access and aggregation, with up to 64 or 96 10GbE ports, up to four 100GbE uplink ports, and up to 32 40GbE ports in a 1 U platform
- Deliver up to 2.56 Tbps Layer 2 and Layer 3 performance, with latency as low as 550 nanoseconds
- Include a 1.8 GHz quad-core Intel CPU with 16 GB memory and 64 GB SSD storage
- Feature rich automation capabilities with support for Python and zero touch provisioning (ZTP)
- Support virtualization protocols such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol as L2 Gateway or L3 Gateway
- Offer advanced Junos OS features such as BGP add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE