Juniper Networks QFX5200-48Y Ethernet Switch is a 10GbE/25GbE data center access switch that offers 48 small form factor pluggable plus (SFP+) transceiver ports or SFP28 ports and six QSFP28 ports. The six QSFP28 ports can be configured as 6x40GbE or 6x100GbE, with an aggregate throughput of 3.6 Tbps or 4.2 Bpps per switch.
The QFX5200 line of access switches is ideally suited for leaf deployments in next-generation IP fabrics. It features line-rate, high-density SFP28/QSFP+/QSFP28 ports that support 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, and 100GbE connections. Offering an advanced L2, L3, and MPLS feature set, network operators can use the QFX5200 to build large, high-density IP fabrics that support upgrades to 25GbE servers, network virtualization, and intelligent traffic forwarding based on proven, Internet-scale technology. The QFX5200 also supports a version of Junos OS software in which control plane and data plane processes and functions run in parallel, maximizing utilization of the high-performance quad-core CPU.
Network operators are increasingly deploying scale-out, spine-and-leaf IP fabric architectures, built with fixed-configuration switches to support growing east-west traffic in the data center. The Juniper Networks® QFX5200 line of next-generation, fixed-configuration leaf/access switches offers flexible, cost-effective, high-density 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, and 100GbE interfaces for server and intra-fabric connectivity, providing deployment versatility, investment protection, and future-proofing for today’s data centers.
In addition to leaf deployments in IP fabric architectures, the QFX5200 switches are also a great fit for multitier, multichassis link aggregation (MC-LAG) network implementations commonly used in enterprise networks.
The QFX5200 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- Native 25GbE configuration: Offering 48 ports of 25GbE and delivering 3.6 Tbps of line-rate switching, the QFX5200-48Y is optimized for top-of-rack deployments
- High-density configuration: Offering 32 ports of 100GbE or 40GbE and delivering 6.4 Tbps of line-rate switching, the QFX5200-32C is optimized for high-density fabric deployments
- Flexible connectivity options: The QFX5200 offers a choice of 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, and 100GbE interface speeds for server and intra-fabric connectivity, providing deployment versatility and investment protection
- Rich automation capabilities: The QFX5200 switches support a number of network automation features for plug-and-play operations, including zero-touch provisioning, operations and event scripts, automatic rollback, and Python scripting
- Advanced Junos OS features: The QFX5200 switch supports features such as BGP add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Junos OS software architecture: The QFX5200 supports a modular Junos OS software architecture that allows the switch’s control and data plane processes and functions to run in parallel, maximizing utilization of the high-performance quad-core CPU