Nokia 7250 IXR-e Interconnect Router: High-scale interconnect for data center, WAN, and IP anyhaul networks
The Nokia 7250 IXR-e 2QSFP28 8SFP28 24SFP+, one of the family of 7250 IXR-e Interconnect Routers, are used for access and aggregation and as 5G multi-access edge computing (MEC) leaf nodes. They are ideal for IP anyhaul and fixed-mobile convergence.
Optimize cost/performance with a fit-for-purpose product line
The 7250 IXR product line has a broad selection of routers custom-designed for specific roles in your network from cell sites, access and leaf nodes to high-scale aggregation and spine nodes.
Maximize ROI: rely on 7250 IXR system longevity
7250 IXR platforms have multi-rate interface ports for throughput upgrades over time. The 7250 IXR-R6 supports legacy TDM interfaces for investment protection. The 7250 IXR-10 and IXR-6 have innovative platform design features to minimize initial costs while supporting upgrades to future higher speed, higher density interfaces.
Improve user experience
Reduce network downtime and improve overall customer satisfaction. The 7250 IXR platforms deliver superior network performance using Nokias symmetrical multi-processing capability. Excellent network resiliency and security reduces network downtime and operations costs while boosting customer satisfaction. Access, aggregation and leaf routers feature deep buffers to accommodate bursty traffic without dropping packets.
Ready for growth
5G mobile and telco cloud infrastructures are moving toward 25GE interfaces. On the 7250 IXR-e series, the native 25GE ports are capable of supporting 1GE, 10GE or 25GE transceivers. Combined with support for GE SFPs in all SFP+ cages, the 7250 IXR-e allows for seamless migrations from 1GE to 10GE to 25GE rates without the need to replace the router.
7250 IXR-e Series Interconnect Router features and benefits: Please refer to Data Sheet for complete model-specific specifications and additional information.
- System throughput: Half duplex (HD) IMIX traffic: 600 Gb/s
- Service interfaces: 2 x QSFP28/QSFP+ 100/40GE; 8 x SFP28/SFP+/SFP 25/10/1GE; 24 x SFP+/SFP 10/1GE
- Memory buffer size: 3 GB
- IP and MPLS load balancing by equal-cost multipath (ECMP)
- IEEE 802.1ag, ITU-T Y.1731: Ethernet Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) for both fault detection and performance monitoring, including delay, jitter and loss tests
- Ethernet bandwidth notification (ETH-BN) with egress rate adjustment
- IEEE 802.3ah: Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM)
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) IPv4, IPv6
- Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP), TWAMP Light
- Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS), Terminal Access Controller Access Control System Plus (TACACS+), and comprehensive control-plane protection capabilities
- MAC-, IPv4- and IPv6-based access control lists and criteria-based classifiers
- Secure Shell (SSH)