The Cisco SFP-10G-LR-X is a multirate 10GBASE-LR, 10GBASE-LW, and OTU2/OTU2e module for extended operating temperature range. It supports a link length of 10 kilometers on standard Single-Mode Fiber (SMF, G.652).
The Cisco 10GBASE SFP+ modules give you a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications.
- Cisco SFP+ modules offer the following features and benefits
- Industry’s smallest 10G form factor for greatest density per chassis
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into an Ethernet SFP+ port of a Cisco switch (no need to power down if installing or replacing)
- Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model for investment protection and ease of technology migration
- Digital optical monitoring capability for strong diagnostic capabilities
- Optical interoperability with 10GBASE XENPAK, 10GBASE X2, and 10GBASE XFP interfaces on the same link
- Cisco quality Identification (ID) feature enables a Cisco platform to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco