The Ciena 6500 Packet-Optical Platform leverages the latest technology innovation to deliver new levels of scale, flexibility, and programmability across three comprehensive networking layers for customizable service delivery over any distance.
One platform, full flexibility
The flexibility of the 6500 platform starts with the variety of services it can deliver over a wide range of applications. A handful of interfaces support the full mix of Ethernet, OTN, SDH/SONET, Fibre Channel, video, and transparent DWDM services from DS1/E1 to 100 GbE/OTU4 to 400GbEfrom metro to submarine applications. Standards-based service interfaces ensure seamless multi-vendor interoperability.
Features and benefits
- Leverages industry-leading coherent technology with unprecedented intelligence and programmability required to build on-demand, programmable networks
- Utilizes hybrid OTN and packet switching with control plane capabilities for the most efficient use of network resources and service differentiation
- Offers embedded and discrete software tools to increase programmability, visibility, and control of the optical network
- Adapts to a wide variety of requirements with a minimal set of equipment, reducing standardization and operational costs
- Delivers the full suite of open APIs for advanced programmability, automated provisioning, and streaming telemetry