The Cisco SFP-10G-ZR is a multirate 10GBASE-ZR, 10GBASE-ZW, and OTU2/OTU2e module. It supports link lengths of up to about 80 kilometers on standard Single-Mode Fiber (SMF, G.652). This interface is not specified as part of the 10 Gigabit Ethernet standard and is instead built according to Cisco specifications.
The Cisco 10GBASE SFP+ modules give you a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications.
- Cisco SFP+ modules offer the following features and benefits
- Industry’s smallest 10G form factor for greatest density per chassis
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into an Ethernet SFP+ port of a Cisco switch (no need to power down if installing or replacing)
- Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model for investment protection and ease of technology migration
- Digital optical monitoring capability for strong diagnostic capabilities
- Optical interoperability with 10GBASE XENPAK, 10GBASE X2, and 10GBASE XFP interfaces on the same link
- Cisco quality Identification (ID) feature enables a Cisco platform to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
- The Cisco 10GBASE-ZR module supports link lengths of up to about 80 kilometers on standard SMF (G.652). This interface is not specified as part of the 10 Gigabit Ethernet standards and is, instead, built according to Cisco specifications. SFP-10G-ZR-S does not support FCoE