Cisco C9400-LC-24S Catalyst 9400 Series 48-Port 1 Gigabit Ethernet (SFP) Line Card
Converge Wired and Wireless
The C9400-LC-24S Expansion Module is part of the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switches and are among the most widely-deployed enterprise switching platforms. It was recognized as CRN’s 2017 and 2018 Network Product of the Year. The C9400-LC-24S modular access switch is built for security, IoT, and cloud. It delivers state-of-the-art high availability and forms one of the building blocks for SD-Access, Cisco’s leading enterprise architecture. built for security, IoT and cloud, The C9400-LC-24S provides unparalleled investment protection with a chassis architecture that is capable unmatched power delivery for high density IEEE 802.3bt. Redundancy is now table stakes across the portfolio. The C9400-LC-24S delivers state-of-the-art High Availability (HA) with capabilities like Cisco StackWise Virtual technology with In-service-software-upgrade (ISSU), SSO/NSF, uplink resiliency, N+1/N+N redundancy for power supplies.
A foundation for Software-Defined Architecture
The Cisco C9400-LC-24S 24-port 1 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber line card can be deployed to work on advanced persistent security threats, the exponential growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) devices, mobility everywhere and cloud adoption require a network fabric that integrates advanced hardware and software innovations to automate, secure, and simplify customer networks. The Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) with Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) is the most advanced network fabric to power customer business. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities such as simplified device deployment and context-based analytics.
The Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches are designed to power next-generation IP phones, wireless access points, wireless base stations, video cameras, virtual desktop clients, and other PoE/Cisco UPOE devices. They also support for campus and branch applications requiring enhanced performance for large file transfers and network backups. Additional features, benefits and specifications:
- C9400-LC-24S: Supports up to 48 nonblocking SFP ports
- Port Type: SFP
Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Chassis
- Supported on Cisco IOS XE Software Release 16.8.1or later
- IEEE 802.1AE (MACsec-256) capability in hardware
- Layer 2 to Layer 4 Jumbo Frame support up to 9198 bytes
- Enterprise, mid-market, and commercial core and distribution deployments requiring line-rate capability
- Designed for enterprise backbone and collapsed access deployments
- Service provider: Gigabit Ethernet aggregation for DSL Access Multiplexer (DSLAM), Passive Optical Network (PON), and mobile data backhaul; FTTX for residential and business applications
- Enterprise: Providing Fiber to the Desktop (FTTD), for deployments where non-blocking is mandatory requirement
- Max. Rated Power: 120W
- Rated MTBF: 1,104,470 hours
- Compatibility with Catalyst 9400 Series Supervisor Engines: C9400-SUP-1, C9400-SUP-1XL, C9400-SUP-1XL-Y
Cisco Catalyst 9400 Switches
Catalyst 9400 Series are modular switches built based on the Cisco Unified Access™ Data Plane (UADP) 2.0 XL architecture, which not only protects your investment but also allows a larger scale and higher throughput.
- Defense across the attack continuum: Reduce your attack surface with Cisco Trustworthy Solutions and MACsec 256-bit encryption. Enhance malware detection and rapid threat containment
- IoT readiness: Provide up to 90W UPOE+ power and automate network provisioning, segmentation, and policy management to support IoT without interruption, while limiting where IoT devices go on the network
- Cloud readiness: Simplify, help secure, and transform your cloud environment from the network edge to where applications reside
- Foundational technology: High density and high availability with patching, graceful insertion and removal (GIR), NSF/SSO, and redundant, platinum-rated power supplies and fans
Catalyst 9400 10-slot
Catalyst 9400 7-slot
Catalyst 9400 4-slot
Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications.