Cisco C9400-LC-48UX Catalyst 9400 Series 48Port UPOE w/ 24p mGig 24p RJ-45 Line Card
Converge Wired and Wireless
The C9400-LC-48UX Expansion Module is part of the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switches and are among the most widely-deployed enterprise switching platforms. It was recognized as CRN’s 2017 and 2018 Network Product of the Year. The C9400-LC-48UX modular access switch is built for security, IoT, and cloud. It delivers state-of-the-art high availability and forms one of the building blocks for SD-Access, Cisco’s leading enterprise architecture. built for security, IoT and cloud, The C9400-LC-48UX provides unparalleled investment protection with a chassis architecture that is capable unmatched power delivery for high density IEEE 802.3bt. Redundancy is now table stakes across the portfolio. The C9400-LC-48UX delivers state-of-the-art High Availability (HA) with capabilities like Cisco StackWise Virtual technology with In-service-software-upgrade (ISSU), SSO/NSF, uplink resiliency, N+1/N+N redundancy for power supplies.
A foundation for Software-Defined Architecture
Advanced persistent security threats, the exponential growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) devices, mobility everywhere and cloud adoption require a network fabric that integrates advanced hardware and software innovations to automate, secure, and simplify customer networks. The goal of this network fabric is to enable customer revenue growth by accelerating business service rollout. The Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) with Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) is the most advanced network fabric to power customer business. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities such as simplified device deployment and context-based analytics.
The Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches are designed to power next-generation IP phones, wireless access points, wireless base stations, video cameras, virtual desktop clients, and other PoE/Cisco UPOE devices. They also support for campus and branch applications requiring enhanced performance for large file transfers and network backups. Additional features, benefits and specifications:
- C9400-LC-48UX: 48 ports with 24 Multigigabit ports and 24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports
- Port Type: RJ-45 UPOE IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3af, Cisco pre-standard
- Speeds of 100/1000 Mbps, 2.5/5 Gbps, and 10GBASE-T on the Multigigabit ports and 10/100/1000 Mbps on the other ports
- Nonblocking up to 1000 Mbps on all ports
- RJ-45 interface on all ports
Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Chassis
- Supported on Cisco IOS XE Software Release 16.6.2 or later
- Cisco UPOE: Capable of up to 60W on all ports in the line card
- Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az on all 10/100/1000 ports
- IEEE 802.3bz Multigigabit Ethernet standard on the Multigigabit ports
- IEEE 802.3af/at and Cisco prestandard PoE
- IEEE 802.1AE and Cisco TrustSec capability in hardware (software roadmap)
- Hardware ready for IEEE1588/802.1AS, Precision Time Protocol (PTP) used for time synchronization across the network for applications such as video and audio (software roadmap)
- L2-4 Jumbo Frame support (up to 9198 bytes)
- Compatibility with Catalyst 9400 Series Supervisor Engines: C9400-SUP-1, C9400-SUP-1XL
Cisco Catalyst 9400 Switches
Catalyst 9400 Series are modular switches built based on the Cisco Unified Access™ Data Plane (UADP) 2.0 XL architecture, which not only protects your investment but also allows a larger scale and higher throughput.
- Defense across the attack continuum: Reduce your attack surface with Cisco Trustworthy Solutions and MACsec 256-bit encryption. Enhance malware detection and rapid threat containment
- IoT readiness: Provide up to 90W UPOE+ power and automate network provisioning, segmentation, and policy management to support IoT without interruption, while limiting where IoT devices go on the network
- Cloud readiness: Simplify, help secure, and transform your cloud environment from the network edge to where applications reside
- Foundational technology: High density and high availability with patching, graceful insertion and removal (GIR), NSF/SSO, and redundant, platinum-rated power supplies and fans
Catalyst 9400 10-slot
Catalyst 9400 7-slot
Catalyst 9400 4-slot
Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications.