Cisco Catalyst WS-C3850-24XU-E 24-Port UPOE Ethernet Switch (Software Base)
Get faster access, faster aggregation
The WS-C3850-24XU-E Ethernet Switch is in the Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series offering enterprise-class, stackable, access layer switches. The WS-C3850-24XU-E provides full convergence between wired and wireless networks on a single platform. This convergence is built on the resilience of the new, 480 Gbps Cisco StackWise and Cisco StackPower technologies.
Multigigabit, SFP/SFP+, POE+, UPOE
The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches support a variety of protocols including full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Cisco Universal Power Over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE), modular and field-replaceable network modules, RJ-45 and fiber-based downlink interfaces, and redundant fans and power supplies.
- 24 UPOE 1 RU, IP Services Software feature set
- Stackable 24 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps UPOE Ethernet ports, with 1100W AC power supply
- Optional Network Module(s): 4 x 1 GE, 2 x 10 GE, 4 x 10 GE, 8 x 10 GE, 2 x 40 GE
- Default AC Power Supply/PoE Power: 1,100 W, 800 W
- Dual redundant, modular power supplies and three modular fans providing redundancy
- Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, modular Quality of Service (QoS), Flexible NetFlow (FNF), and enhanced security features
- Support for AES-256 with the powerful MACSEC 256-bit for SFP+ and Multigigabit models and 128-bit encryption algorithm
- Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW) with Next Business Day (NBD) advance hardware replacement and 90-day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support
StackWise-480 and StackPower connectors
StackPower can be deployed in either power-sharing mode or redundancy mode. In power-sharing mode, the power of all the power supplies in the stack is aggregated and distributed among the switches in the stack. In redundant mode, when the total power budget of the stack is calculated, the wattage of the largest power supply is not included. That power is held in reserve and used to maintain power to switches and attached devices when one power supply fails, enabling the network to operate without interruption. Following the failure of one power supply, the StackPower mode becomes power sharing.
StackPower allows you to simply add one extra power supply in any switch of the stack and either provide power redundancy for any of the stack members or simply add more power to the shared pool. StackPower eliminates the need for an external redundant power system or installation of dual power supplies in all the stack members. StackPower is available in LAN Base license level (or higher). For LAN Base, cables need to be purchased separately.
Customers need to purchase the IP Base software model or the IP Services software model in order to use a Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switch as a wireless controller. LAN Base models require the purchase of a StackPower cable separately to enable StackPower functionality. All models include Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW).
Please refer to Data Sheet for complete Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series specifications and models list.