The Dell EMC PowerEdge R840 Rack Server delivers four-socket performance in a dense 2U design. Power your business-critical workloads with up to 24 direct-attached NVMe drives.
Maximize performance for demanding workloads
The R840 delivers consistent, high performance results for data-intensive applications and data analytic workloads. With powerful 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 112 cores, the R840 can quickly turn analytics into insights to drive your business forward faster. Create an optimal configuration of NVMe, SSD, HDD and GPU resources to address your most demanding workloads — all in a 2U chassis.
Power your business-critical workloads
The PowerEdge R840 accelerates business insights and delivers unprecedented performance density for your in-database analytics. Deliver consistent results for demanding applications with powerful, four-socket performance and large memory. Even as your workloads become more complex, OpenManage Enterprise simplifies management of your IT infrastructure so you can focus on your business objectives. Integrated security and proven reliability helps ensure maximum uptime in your enterprise data center.
Scale application performance for demanding data analytics workloads
The R840 offers versatile resources that allow you to meet changing business demands. Maximize performance and minimize latency with direct-attached NVMe drives.
- Boost performance with up to four 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors and up to 112 processing cores
- Address large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be DCPMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs/SSDs (up to 24 NVME drives)
- Accelerate applications with two doublewide GPUs or two FPGAs
- Speed data transfers with fully integrated ultra path interconnects (UPIs)
Additional PowerEdge R840 Rack Server features and benefits:
(Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications and additional information.)
- Workload: Data-intensive workloads, HFT and dense virtualization
- Memory: 48 (15.36TB)
- Four 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5″ HDDs and SSDs, 62% more than the previous generation
- Accelerate applications with up to 2 double-width GPUs or up to 2 FPGAs
- Speed data transfers with a fully integrated ultra path interconnect across all four sockets
- Eliminate bottlenecks with up to 48 DIMMs, including up to 24 DCPMMs or 12 NVDIMMs
- Automate everyday tasks with Dell EMC OpenManage/li>