The Dell EMC PowerEdge R940 Rack Server is designed to power your mission-critical applications and real-time decisions. With four sockets and up to 12 NMVe drives, the R940 provides scalable performance in just 3U.
Maximize application performance and eliminate I/O bottlenecks
Empower your organization to make the best decisions fast using real-time data and analytics. The PowerEdge R940 supports 50% more NVMe drives than the R930, up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be Intel Optane DC persistent memory DCPMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory. Make I/O bottlenecks a thing of the past and keep processor utilization at its peak.
Transform IT with Dell EMC PowerEdge
The R940 is the foundation to transform your data center with modern applications for real-time data and analytics. Its massive resource footprint optimizes application performance and scales to meet your organization’s demands.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware vSphere, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion
Additional PowerEdge R940 Rack Server features and benefits:
(Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications and additional information.)
- Workload: In-memory databases
- Memory: 48 (15.36TB)
- Four 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor
- Maximize storage performance with up to 12 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales easily
- Optimized for software defined storage with a special 2-socket configuration delivering 50% more UPI bandwidth compared to a regular 2-socket server
- Eliminate bottlenecks with up to 15.36TB of memory in 48 DIMMS, 24 of which can be Intel Optane DC persistent memory DCPMMs
- Simplify management with the OpenManage Enterprise console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet