The Dell EMC PowerEdge R940xa Rack Server accelerates applications with powerful four-socket performance in a scalable 4U design.
Extreme acceleration for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Rapidly transform data insights into business outcomes with the PowerEdge R940xa. The R940xa accelerates applications with powerful four-socket performance in a scalable 4U design.
Rapidly transform data insights into business outcomes
The PowerEdge R940xa accelerates applications to deliver real-time decisions. The R940xa combines four CPUs with four GPUs in a powerful 1:1 ratio to drive database acceleration. With up to 6TB of memory and four-socket performance, the R940xa delivers consistent and fast response times. Scale on-premises capacity to offset rising cloud fees and security risks.
Dynamically scale resources as your workloads evolve
The 4U R940xa allows you to flexibly adapt to changing business demands. Large internal storage gives you the space to grow as your databases increase in complexity and size.
- Increase performance with up to four 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors and up to 112 processing cores
- Choose up to four double-width GPUs or up to four double-width or eight single-width FPGAs to accelerate workloads
- Address large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be DCPMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory
- Scale capacity with up to 32 2.” HDDs/SSDs, including up to four NVME drives
- xpand quickly with up to 12 PCIe slots for external connections
Streamline IT operations across your datacenter
Reduce the time and effort required to manage IT environments with intelligent automation.
Additional PowerEdge R940xa Rack Server features and benefits:
(Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications and additional information.)
- Workload: GPU database acceleration and machine learning
- Memory: 48 (15.36TB)
- Four 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor
- Maximizing performance with 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 112 cores
- Choosing up to 4 double-width GPUs or up to 4 double-width or 8 single-width FPGAs for application acceleration
- Supporting large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (24 of which can be DCPMMs) and up to 15.36TB of memory
- Scaling on-premise capacity with up to 32 x. 2.5” HDDs/SSDs and up to 4 direct-attached NVMe drives
- Expanding quickly with up to 12 PCIe slots for external device connections