The Dell EMC PowerEdge XR2 Industrial Rack Server is built from the ground up for harsh environments, its compact size features Intel Xeon® Scalable processors and is certified for military and marine use.
Expand your compute outside the data center
Built from the ground up for harsh environments, the PowerEdge XR2’s rackable compact size takes less space and withstands shock, vibration, dust, humidity, and EMI for both military and maritime applications. And with worldwide support and world-class supply chain excellence, whoever you are and wherever you go, you can take rugged with you.
Build your company recognition as a rugged server provider
Showcase your logo on this OEM Ready rugged PowerEdge server today and expand your brand presence using an industry leading product proven to drive performance and customer satisfaction.
Technology for the long haul
This is the best in rugged 1U short-depth computing. This is software-defined storage in space-constrained installations. Deliberately designed to take the hardest conditions head-on, the new PowerEdge XR2 features the latest Intel Xeon SP processors and brings together the best combination of functionality and value in the industry, plus extensive customization options from OEM custom intake services.
Award-winning manageability. Tier-1 vendor quality.
Secure, anytime access provided by industry-leading iDRAC (integrated Dell Remote Access Controller), plus integrated lifecycle controller support for your maintenance and management needs. The flexible configuration options and global support availability you expect from a Tier-1 vendor, plus the enterprise-grade common components and platform, ensure consistency from the data center to the field, and quality and reliability at every turn. The XR2 features functionality for dual processors, redundant hot-swappable power supplies and up to eight hard drives. It’s the ideal balance of portability and power and fully configurable for your rugged industry needs.
- The next generation of server hardware and software technology
- Upgrade to the new Intel® Xeon Skylake-SP CPU stack
- Reduced depth for constrained spaces
- Tested with military rigor
- Tool-less storage access
- Shock-isolated hard drive bay
- The toughest technology available in enterprise-caliber servers
- Hot-swappable components
Why go rugged?
For when you’re off the worksite (or, depending on your line of work, on the jobsite), you need to bring your data center with you – often at a crunch for time and space. The Dell EMC OEM PowerEdge XR2 server measures up to military standards at MILSTD-810G compliance. It’s 20% less deep than a standard server, and can operate continuously while withstanding heat 10°C hotter than non-rugged offerings. It’s even more shock resistant, nothing rattles its cage. So, whether you’re installing satellite communications, rigging offshore, working underwater or doing remote field work that requires your vital data and hardware to travel with you, this is the server you need to keep your operations up and running.
Additional PowerEdge XR2 Industrial Rack Server features and benefits:
(Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications and additional information.)
- Workload: Harsh environments, military and marine use
- Memory: 16 (1TB)
- Two 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor
- Common Access Card Reader
- No need for keyboard/mouse setup
- Socketed TPM
- Up to two Intel® Xeon SP family processors
- Quick Sync 20
- Up to 16 DDR4 DIMM slots for 512GB RAM
- 20” rack depth
- Dedicated internal controller slot supporting PERC H330, PERC
730p, PERC HBA330
- Configurable, starting at 26 pounds (11kg) up to 44 pounds (20kg)
- LOM riser for added flexibility in onboard networking
- Continuous operation up to 45C (keeps running in the heat!)
- Hot-plug SAS or SATA SSD hard drives
- Supported in excursion temps up to 55C
- Hot-plug redundant PSU, HDD, fans
- Shock, vibration, altitude, temperature and dust resistance
- Supports 2x PCIe Gen3 expansion slots all x16
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461G (Military) and DNV GL, IEC60945
- Up to eight front-accessible 25” hard drives for up to 30TB storage
- Remote manageability with the latest generation iDRAC9
- Intelligent hardware-driven systems management
- Global availability and support
- Extensive power management
- Standard lead times
- Automation for parts replacement
- 3-year lifecycle
- Performance Availability Expandability Manageability
- Front-facing LCD
- I/O adapter options including 1Gb, 10Gb BASE-T, 10Gb SFP+, and
40Gb QSFP+ networking