Juniper Networks QFX5100-24Q-AA Application Acceleration Switch: Compact 1U high-density data center switch starting with a base density of 24 QSFP+ ports. With the addition of an optional double-wide QFX-PFA-4Q Packet Flow Accelerator (PFA) expansion module, the switch can morph into an intelligent application acceleration system. Alternatively, by installing two four-port 40GbE expansion modules, the QFX5100-24Q-AA can expand to support 32 QSFP+ ports. The switch’s CPU subsystem is enhanced with a quad-core Intel CPU with 32 GB of DRAM; additional storage capacity is provided via an onboard 128 GB solid-state drive. The QFX-PFA-4Q features an Altera Stratix V 320 Gbps FPGA with 24 GB SDRAM (DDR3) for packet memory and 72 MB of quad data-rate static RAM (SRAM) (QDR2+) for low-latency processing.
The Juniper Networks QFX5100 line of access and aggregation switches delivers low latency, flexible deployment options, and rich Layer 2 and Layer 3 features, making it the industry’s most nimble family of switches.
The QFX5100 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- High-density configurations—72 ports of 10GbE in a 1 U platform; 96 ports of 10GbE in a 2 U platform; and 32 ports of 40GbE in a 1 U platform
- Up to 2.56 Tbps Layer 2 and Layer 3 performance and as low as 550 ns latency
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Intel CPU with 8 GB memory and 32 GB SSD storage
- High availability with the industry’s only Topology-Independent In-Service Software Upgrade (TISSU)
- Rich automation capabilities with support for Python, Chef, Puppet, and zero-touch provisioning (ZTP)
- Designed-in Insight Technology software capability for microburst monitoring and reporting, as well as hotspot statistics and visibility
- Plug-and-play deployable architectures such as Virtual Chassis, Virtual Chassis Fabric, and Junos Fusion with simplified management and operation
- Support for virtualization protocols such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), OpenvSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol, and integration with Juniper Networks Contrailand VMware NSX SDN controllers
- Advanced Junos OS features such as BGP Add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE
- Investment protection enabled by compatibility with Juniper Networks EX4300 Ethernet Switch, QFX3500 Switch, and QFX3600 Switch in integrated fabric solutions