Juniper Networks QFX5100-48T: Compact 1 U 10GbE data center access switch with 48 tri-speed (10GbE/1GbE/100 Mbps) RJ-45 ports and six QSFP+ ports with an aggregate throughput of 1.44 Tbps or 1.08 Bpps per switch.
The Juniper Networks QFX5100 line of access and aggregation switches delivers low latency, flexible deployment options, and rich Layer 2 and Layer 3 features, making it the industry’s most nimble family of switches.
The QFX5100 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- High-density configurations—72 ports of 10GbE in a 1 U platform; 96 ports of 10GbE in a 2 U platform; and 32 ports of 40GbE in a 1 U platform
- Up to 2.56 Tbps Layer 2 and Layer 3 performance and as low as 550 ns latency
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Intel CPU with 8 GB memory and 32 GB SSD storage
- High availability with the industry’s only Topology-Independent In-Service Software Upgrade (TISSU)
- Rich automation capabilities with support for Python, Chef, Puppet, and zero-touch provisioning (ZTP)
- Designed-in Insight Technology software capability for microburst monitoring and reporting, as well as hotspot statistics and visibility
- Plug-and-play deployable architectures such as Virtual Chassis, Virtual Chassis Fabric, and Junos Fusion with simplified management and operation
- Support for virtualization protocols such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), OpenvSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol, and integration with Juniper Networks Contrailand VMware NSX SDN controllers
- Advanced Junos OS features such as BGP Add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE
- Investment protection enabled by compatibility with Juniper Networks EX4300 Ethernet Switch, QFX3500 Switch, and QFX3600 Switch in integrated fabric solutions