Juniper Networks QFX5120-32C Ethernet Switch is a compact 100GbE data center spine switch offering 32 QSFP28 or 32 quad SFP+ (QSFP+) ports. The 100GbE ports can also be configured as 4x25GbE ports using breakout cables, enabling the QFX5120-32C to be used as a high-density 25GbE top-of-rack switch.
The QFX5120 Ethernet Switch delivers rich, low latency Layer 2/Layer 3 (L2/L3) features and advanced EVPN-VXLAN capabilities, making it an ideal data center top-of-rack and aggregation switch for enterprise multicloud deployments. Featuring L3 gateway capabilities for routing between virtualized and bare-metal servers, the QFX5120 is designed for extremely agile data centers that require support for overlay/underlay network architectures. Native 25GbE with 100GbE uplink ports on the QFX5120-48Y, 10GbE copper with 100GbE uplink ports on the QFX5120-48T, and 32 100GbE ports on the QFX5120-32C make the QFX5120 family ideal for spine-and-leaf network deployments.
Data Center Deployments
Data centers demand high-speed, low-latency, storage-converged and I/O-converged networking solutions that can maximize performance for physical servers, virtual servers, and storage. The QFX5120 addresses these issues with low-latency, lossless, high-density 10GbE, 25GbE, and 100GbE interfaces on a compact 1 U platform. In addition, the QFX5120 offers EVPN-VXLAN L2 and L3 gateway support, making it an ideal solution for either edge routed or centrally routed overlay deployments in the data center. The QFX5120 also supports flexible back-to-front and front-to-back airflow cooling options, ensuring consistency with server designs for hot-aisle or cold-aisle deployments. The QFX5120-32C, with 32 ports of 100GbE, serves as spine in small to medium-sized enterprise data centers. The QFX5120-32C, QFX5120-48Y, and QFX5120-48T can be deployed in a three-stage IP CLOS with EVPN-VXLAN overlay to support as many as 1500 server access ports.
The QFX5120 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- Up to 48 25GbE ports and eight 100GbE uplink ports in a 1 U platform
- Up to 4 Tbps L2 and L3 performance, with latency as low as 550 nanoseconds
- A 2.2 GHz quad-core Intel CPU with 16 GB memory and 50 GB SSD storage
- Feature-rich automation capabilities with support for Python and zero-touch provisioning (ZTP)
- Support for VXLAN as an L2 or L3 gateway and Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol as an L2 gateway
- Support virtualization protocols such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol as L2 Gateway or L3 Gateway
- Offer advanced Junos OS features such as BGP add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE
- The QFX5120-32C can also be used for high-density 25GbE server connectivity, with an option to break out the 100GbE ports into four 25GbE ports