Juniper Networks QFX5120-48T Ethernet Switch is a 10GbE/100GbE data center access switch offering 48 10GbE RJ-45 copper ports and six 100GbE/40GbE QSFP28/QSFP+ uplink ports. With dualspeed (1GbE/10GbE) capabilities on all 48 host ports and 40GbE/100GbE on the uplink ports, the QFX5120-48T can be deployed as an access switch with a combination of 48 1GbE/10GbE ports for downlink servers and storage connectivity, and six 40GbE/100GbE ports for uplinks to spine switches.
The QFX5120 Ethernet Switch delivers rich, low latency Layer 2/Layer 3 (L2/L3) features and advanced EVPN-VXLAN capabilities, making it an ideal data center top-of-rack and aggregation switch for enterprise multicloud deployments. Featuring L3 gateway capabilities for routing between virtualized and bare-metal servers, the QFX5120 is designed for extremely agile data centers that require support for overlay/underlay network architectures. Native 25GbE with 100GbE uplink ports on the QFX5120-48Y, 10GbE copper with 100GbE uplink ports on the QFX5120-48T, and 32 100GbE ports on the QFX5120-32C make the QFX5120 family ideal for spine-and-leaf network deployments.
Data Center Deployments
Data centers demand high-speed, low-latency, storage-converged and I/O-converged networking solutions that can maximize performance for physical servers, virtual servers, and storage. The QFX5120 addresses these issues with low-latency, lossless, high-density 10GbE, 25GbE, and 100GbE interfaces on a compact 1 U platform. In addition, the QFX5120 offers EVPN-VXLAN L2 and L3 gateway support, making it an ideal solution for either edge routed or centrally routed overlay deployments in the data center. The QFX5120 also supports flexible back-to-front and front-to-back airflow cooling options, ensuring consistency with server designs for hot-aisle or cold-aisle deployments.
The QFX5120 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- Up to 48 25GbE ports and eight 100GbE uplink ports in a 1 U platform
- Up to 4 Tbps L2 and L3 performance, with latency as low as 550 nanoseconds
- A 2.2 GHz quad-core Intel CPU with 16 GB memory and 50 GB SSD storage
- Feature-rich automation capabilities with support for Python and zero-touch provisioning (ZTP)
- Support for VXLAN as an L2 or L3 gateway and Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol as an L2 gateway
- Support virtualization protocols such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol as L2 Gateway or L3 Gateway
- Offer advanced Junos OS features such as BGP add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE
- The QFX5120-48T supports dual-speed 1GbE/10GbE, also making it a perfect fit for top-of-rack deployments. The 48 native 10GbE RJ-45 copper ports for server connectivity, plus up to six 40GbE or 100GbE ports for uplink connectivity, provide unsubscribed (0.8:1) access-to-aggregation ratio