Juniper Networks QFX5120-48Y Ethernet Switch is a 25GbE/100GbE data center access switch offering 48 small form-factor pluggable plus (SFP+) transceiver ports and eight quad SFP (QSFP28/ QSFP+) ports that can be configured as 8x40GbE or 8x100GbE ports. For added flexibility, each QSFP28 port can also be configured as 4x25GbE ports using breakout cables, while each QSFP+ port can be configured as 4x10GbE ports using breakout cables, increasing the number of supported 25GbE and 10GbE ports per switch to 80.
The QFX5120 Ethernet Switch delivers rich, low latency Layer 2/Layer 3 (L2/L3) features and advanced EVPN-VXLAN capabilities, making it an ideal data center top-of-rack and aggregation switch for enterprise multicloud deployments. Featuring L3 gateway capabilities for routing between virtualized and bare-metal servers, the QFX5120 is designed for extremely agile data centers that require support for overlay/underlay network architectures. Native 25GbE with 100GbE uplink ports on the QFX5120-48Y, 10GbE copper with 100GbE uplink ports on the QFX5120-48T, and 32 100GbE ports on the QFX5120-32C make the QFX5120 family ideal for spine-and-leaf network deployments.
Data Center Deployments
Data centers demand high-speed, low-latency, storage-converged and I/O-converged networking solutions that can maximize performance for physical servers, virtual servers, and storage. The QFX5120 addresses these issues with low-latency, lossless, high-density 10GbE, 25GbE, and 100GbE interfaces on a compact 1 U platform. In addition, the QFX5120 offers EVPN-VXLAN L2 and L3 gateway support, making it an ideal solution for either edge routed or centrally routed overlay deployments in the data center. The QFX5120 also supports flexible back-to-front and front-to-back airflow cooling options, ensuring consistency with server designs for hot-aisle or cold-aisle deployments.
The QFX5120 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- Up to 48 25GbE ports and eight 100GbE uplink ports in a 1 U platform
- Up to 4 Tbps L2 and L3 performance, with latency as low as 550 nanoseconds
- A 2.2 GHz quad-core Intel CPU with 16 GB memory and 50 GB SSD storage
- Feature-rich automation capabilities with support for Python and zero-touch provisioning (ZTP)
- Support for VXLAN as an L2 or L3 gateway and Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol as an L2 gateway
- Support virtualization protocols such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol as L2 Gateway or L3 Gateway
- Offer advanced Junos OS features such as BGP add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE
- The QFX5120-48Y supports tri-speed 1GbE/10GbE/25GbE, making it a perfect fit for top-of-rack deployments. The 48 ports of native 10GbE/25GbE for server connectivity, plus up to eight 40GbE or 100GbE ports for uplink connectivity, provide very low oversubscription of 1.5:1 from access to aggregation