Juniper Networks QFX5200-32C 100GbE data center access and aggregation switch that offers 32 quad small form-factor pluggable plus (QSFP+) transceiver or QSFP28 ports, with an aggregate throughput of 6.4 Tbps or 4.8 Bpps per switch. A QSFP28 module supports a 1x100GbE connection, 2x50GbE connections, or 4x25GbE connections using breakout cables. A QSFP+ module can provide a 1x40GbE connection or 4x10GbE connections using breakout cables.
The QFX5200 line of access switches is ideally suited for leaf deployments in next-generation IP fabrics. It features line-rate, high-density SFP28/QSFP+/QSFP28 ports that support 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, and 100GbE connections. Offering an advanced L2, L3, and MPLS feature set, network operators can use the QFX5200 to build large, high-density IP fabrics that support upgrades to 25GbE servers, network virtualization, and intelligent traffic forwarding based on proven, Internet-scale technology. The QFX5200 also supports a version of Junos OS software in which control plane and data plane processes and functions run in parallel, maximizing utilization of the high-performance quad-core CPU.
Network operators are increasingly deploying scale-out, spine-and-leaf IP fabric architectures, built with fixed-configuration switches to support growing east-west traffic in the data center. The Juniper Networks® QFX5200 line of next-generation, fixed-configuration leaf/access switches offers flexible, cost-effective, high-density 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, and 100GbE interfaces for server and intra-fabric connectivity, providing deployment versatility, investment protection, and future-proofing for today’s data centers.
In addition to leaf deployments in IP fabric architectures, the QFX5200 switches are also a great fit for multitier, multichassis link aggregation (MC-LAG) network implementations commonly used in enterprise networks.
The QFX5200 Series includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Data Sheet for model-specific specifications and additional information.
- Native 25GbE configuration: Offering 48 ports of 25GbE and delivering 3.6 Tbps of line-rate switching, the QFX5200-48Y is optimized for top-of-rack deployments
- High-density configuration: Offering 32 ports of 100GbE or 40GbE and delivering 6.4 Tbps of line-rate switching, the QFX5200-32C is optimized for high-density fabric deployments
- Flexible connectivity options: The QFX5200 offers a choice of 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, and 100GbE interface speeds for server and intra-fabric connectivity, providing deployment versatility and investment protection
- Rich automation capabilities: The QFX5200 switches support a number of network automation features for plug-and-play operations, including zero-touch provisioning, operations and event scripts, automatic rollback, and Python scripting
- Advanced Junos OS features: The QFX5200 switch supports features such as BGP add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Junos OS software architecture: The QFX5200 supports a modular Junos OS software architecture that allows the switch’s control and data plane processes and functions to run in parallel, maximizing utilization of the high-performance quad-core CPU