Cisco Catalyst 6513-E 13-Slot Ethernet Switch
Industry-leading Performance and Advanced Feature Integration
The 6513-E Ethernet Switch is part of the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series that deliver up to 2 terabits per second of system bandwidth capacity and 80 Gbps of per-slot bandwidth. In a system configured for VSS, this translates to a system capacity of 4 Tbps. The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Enhanced Series Chassis will be capable of delivering up to 180 Gbps of per-slot bandwidth with a system capacity of up to 4 terabits per second. A system configured for VSS will be capable of delivering up to 8 Tbps of system bandwidth.
Advanced Switching for Converged Networks
The 13-slot Cisco Catalyst 6513-E Switch chassis is ideal for high-performance, high-port-density Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet aggregation throughout the network, including:
- 13 slots, 19 RU
- 10/100/1000, 1G, 10G, 40G ports
- Forwarding capacity up to 720 Mpps
- Access, distribution, and backbone layers
- Server farm and data center environments
With up to 11 payload slots available, this chassis offers industry-leading 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet port densities and great network resilience.
The 6513-E switch supports all Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series modules, including:
- Supervisor engines
- 100Mbps, 1GE Ethernet with 1EEE 802.3af PoE
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Flex WAN modules
- Shared port adapters and SPA interface processors
- Multigigabit services modules: wireless, network analysis, and security
- Support for Cisco IOS Software, the 8700W AC and DC power supply, with the ability to support many IEEE 802.3af PoE devices
Increase Uptime and Security
Cisco Catalyst 6513-E Switches increase uptime with redundancy and rapid (1 to 3 seconds) stateful failover across supervisor engines. They support modular Cisco IOS Software to:
- Decrease unplanned downtime through self-healing processes
- Simplify software changes through subsystem in-service software upgrades
The Cisco Catalyst 6513-E Firewall Security System is easily deployed and integrates:
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module
Cisco Catalyst 6500-E Switches
The Catalyst 6500-E is a modular chassis network switch capable of delivering speeds of up to 2 terabits per second of system bandwidth capacity and 80 Gbps of per-slot bandwidth. The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Enhanced Series Chassis will be capable of delivering up to 180 Gbps of per-slot bandwidth with a system capacity of up to 4 terabits per second. A system configured for VSS will be capable of delivering up to 8 Tbps of system bandwidth. A 6500-E comprises a chassis, power supplies, one or two supervisors, line cards and service modules.
|Max 10/100/1000 ports1||241||385||529|
|Max 1 GE ports2||243||387||534|
|Max 40 GE ports||20||32||44|
|330 Mpps||510 Mpps||720 Mpps|
|Weight (chassis)||50 lbs||60 lbs||79.1 lbs|
1 Assumes use of supervisor uplinks in single supervisor configuration.
2 Assumes use of supervisor uplinks in single supervisor configuration.Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications.